SEA OF POSSIBILITIES SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DC 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter. The Sea of Possibilities Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Gorton’s Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and Marden-Kane, Inc. (the “Administrator”) and their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, and spouses) and/or persons living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter this Sweepstakes and cannot win a prize. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection/Notification/Odds: On or about November 3, 2016, one (1) potential grand prize winner (the “Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing amongst all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. On or about two (2) business days after the drawing, the Administrator will contact the potential Winner via email and/or phone utilizing the information that was provided upon entry. In the event that a potential Winner cannot be contacted, the email is undeliverable, the email address is incorrect, the phone number is incorrect, no longer in service, or any requested information is not received within the requested time period, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Potential Winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Winner, will be required to sign, notarize, and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a W9 Form and a publicity release (except where prohibited by law), within seven (7) days of notification attempt, or an alternate potential Winner will be selected, time permitting. Should a potential Winner decide to decline the Prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner, and an alternate potential Winner will be selected. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the Prize Winner's name, biographical information, likeness, photograph, (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000 cash (provided in the form of a check). Total value of the one (1) Grand Prize is $5,000. Taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of each respective winner. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into this Sweepstakes or use of prize won. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- General Conditions: Sweepstakes entrants ("Entrants”) agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and each of their affiliates, licensees, parents, franchisees, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, including Administrator, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability or any injuries, losses or damage of any kind which may arise from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or the acceptance and/or use of any prize. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof including the right to modify these Official Rules. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.gogortons.com/sweepstakes and Sponsor may conduct a random drawing to award Prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of action requiring such termination. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Any entries found or suspected to be submitted in this manner will be deemed 'void' by the judges. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Sweepstakes Errors: Sponsor and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
- Binding Arbitration: Sweepstakes entrants, Sponsor, Administrator and any prize suppliers waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes is governed by United States law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, Administrator and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 7 above of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Who Won: For the name of the Prize Winner, available after November 14, 2016, send an email with subject line, “Sea of Possibilities” to: email@example.com. Deadline for requests is December 9, 2016.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Gorton’s Inc., 128 Rogers St., Gloucester, MA 01930. The Administrator is Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd., Woodbury, NY 11797.
Copyright 2016 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.